Library and Information Services, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland

Friday 28 June 2013

Unsung Composers: interesting website

Mysterious but Useful 

Unsung Composers Forum 


The somewhat prosaic appearance is misleading: this discussion forum is a useful website for looking up forgotten and little-known composers of the Romantic era.

http://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/

Whittaker hasn't established the origin of this forum, but can advise that it's 'powered by Simple Machines® Forum (SMF) software', which seems to facilitate a number of forums.  And it works!  I looked up Otto Mans the other day - found all I needed to know - and today I looked up Armas Jarnefelt.  Not only did I find biographical details - I even found a CD of the Berceuse for Violin and Orchestra, which I've been playing as an organ arrangement.  Very handy!  (And beautiful, actually.)

No comments: