One of 'Whittaker's' eccentricities is a fascination with the places where 'his' early Scottish song collectors hung out.
So, two weeks ago, he snapped this picture of Walter Scott's childhood doorway in George Square, just round from the University Library.
And now - wonder of wonders, an Edinburgh church historian has facilitated the location of the first site of an Episcopalian church, St Peter's Edinburgh, at 3 Roxburgh Place. Another door, oh yes indeed. A listed building, no less. This, ladies and gents, is the church where Alexander Campbell was organist. We're told it was in Nicolson Street, but actually Roxburgh Place is in a parallel street. Will Whittaker manage to gain access? Who knows, but we'll try!
The clergyman paid, out of his own pocket, for two flats on the ground floor, which were used as the church until the congregation grew and moved to different premises in 1807.