Podcasting is like broadcasting, over the internet. It tends to mean an audio recording, and means your research can potentially reach a much wider audience. Have a look at this!
When you're sharing something visual, then it's technically a screencast, and offers a whole load of different permutations of audiovisual media.
There's a book, Communicating Your Research By Social Media, which looks really interesting, but we'll get that later on this year. For now, read the LSE Impact Blog and see if it sets you thinking!
- What could you podcast about?
- Or would you use a blog (with or without video)?
- Or screencast a powerpoint (ditto)
- Or screencast a powerpoint with voiceover?
- What technical expertise would you need?
- Would it be worth learning these skills? (Rhetorical question!)