- Professor Kirsteen McCue talks about Burns, my Dad and me on BBC Two on Burns Night. Her father, Bill McCue, was an actor and singer in the 1970s and 80s, and Kirsteen herself is now a lead scholar in Glasgow Uni's Burns project.
Did you need some Burns songs to sing?
- Check our catalogue here. Registered staff and students, if you need to borrow anything, then remember we're open until 20:30 on Burns Night (Monday).
- Try our music streaming services if you're looking for recordings to accompany that haggis dinner!
- Whittaker Library Electronic Resources for staff and students - click here.
When YouTube comes into its own!
- The Ayoub Sisters play Scottish Melodies. We found this YouTube video which you might enjoy - click here.
- Robyn Stapleton and Claire Hastings sing 'Logie o' Buchan' at the Star Folk Club 2014. Another YouTube clip for you! Here.
Warbling their wood-notes wild: when talking about traditional songs,
Burns's generation frequently used this phrase, referencing the poet Milton!