News of an Edinburgh live music initiative - the Live Music Exchange.
Adam Behr is a research associate at the University of Edinburgh on a knowledge exchange project concerned with live music:
It's a free resource, and a key part of Edinburgh's knowledge exchange activities:-
- Web hub links topical discussion with a growing, searchable archive of resources (reports, articles, conference papers and bibliographical information).
- Useful to students, teachers and researchers concerned with all aspects of live music.
- Resource section links to academic articles and the full content of some papers which aren't available elsewhere;
- Also links to practical guides for musicians, students and promoters;
- Reports on legislation and economic trends.
- Audio-visual material, eg interviews with key promoters and conference panels.
"The blog is carefully edited and curated to combine a range of voices with a degree of provenance not always found on informal websites, allowing for accessibility and currency.
"Contributors to date include leading figures in the field of popular music studies such as Simon Frith (Tovey Professor of Music at Edinburgh University and Chair of the Mercury Prize), Martin Cloonan and Dave Laing as well as academics in other fields writing about where their work intersects with musical concerns.
"Relevant non-academic writers also feature, such as the Assistant General Secretary to the Musicians' Union (Horace Trubridge) and live music campaigner Hamish Birchall."
Any questions can be directed to DrAdam Behr (firstname.lastname@example.org):-
Dr.Adam Behr,Knowledge Exchange Research Associate
University of Edinburgh
Music: Alison House, 12 Nicolson Square
Edinburgh EH8 9DF