Music Faculty, University of Oxford, 18-19 May 2012.
Papers related to this agenda – including but not limited to the topics listed below – are welcome in the formats stipulated at the bottom of this CFP.
- SITES OF POWER - occupation, reservation, institution, restitution, academy, capital, knowledge, ideology;
- QUESTIONS OF STRUCTURE - smooth, striated, complex, chaotic, fixed, dense, in flux;
- PERFORMING LANDSCAPE - theatre, narration, embodiment, language, song, immersion, everyday;
- MOBILITIES - tourism, commuting, returning, tracing, dwelling and/as wandering, stasis and acceleration;
- POLITICAL CONCERNS - subordination, exploitation, destruction, survival;
- PHILOSOPHICAL CONCERNS - human, non-human, transcendental, nature, culture, ontology, epistemology, phenomenology.
- Individual papers (20 minutes) - abstract of no more than 300 words.
- Panel sessions - describe individual papers and overarching theme in no more than 500 words.
- Alternative formats – describe your proposal (i.e. performance, round table, film discussion, or whatever it may be) in no more than 500 words.