Young Writers' workshops 2011. Are you a writer between the ages of 16-22? Guardian News and Media is always looking for new voices ...
If you are between the ages of 16-22, we invite you to apply for a place on two young writers' workshops ... We particularly encourage applicants from all minority, disadvantaged social and economic backgrounds.
Twenty shortlisted writers will join us for workshops at the Guardian offices ... Weds 14 and Weds 21 September ...
* understand the different sections of the Guardian
* develop your ideas into pitches
* discuss how to approach commissioning editors and pitch your ideas
* explore ways to encourage more young writers to write for the Guardian
* create a link between new writers and Guardian editors
* help Guardian editors to become more conscious of diversity and inclusion issues that affect young writers
To apply, submit an article (max 400 words) on the theme "I wish..." plus brief details of any published work. Please refer to our terms and conditions.
The deadline is 5pm on Friday 26 August 2011.
Wednesday, 17 August 2011
Guardian Young Writers Workshop (Aged 16-22)
Quoted direct from the Guardian website:-