- Research Information Network - homepage
Tuesday, 23 March 2010
Introducing Pivot - a powerful new discovery tool
Pivot (content management system) website
- provides an innovative method of organising and browsing data online.
- Data is presented in a highly visual way
- Data can be manipulated dynamically to allow the discovery of patterns and trends.
Watch Gary Flake demonstrate Pivot on a demo video here.E-news from the JISC Regional Support Centres in Scotland.
This is a clever idea:-
- allows users to consider any subject and to list the arguments and facts for and against any subject no matter how light or how heavy.
- powerful tool in helping to simplify information and organise arguments
- can be used to construct the underlying bones of an effective essay or a successful presentation.
- Click here to weigh it up.
E-news from the JISC Regional Support Centres in Scotland.
Music resources on the web have expanded a lot in the recent past. BandCamp might be just the best resource yet in this category.
- Register with BandCamp & stake out a piece of the site for you (or for your band, your orchestra, your class) at no charge.
- Upload music, lyrics, images, everything you need to display – and share – your music.
- There's a short video which explains and illustrates the whole concept in around 6 fascinating minutes - follow this link.
E-news from the JISC Regional Support Centres in Scotland
Special announcement: Bagpipes At Warwick Pipers of all kinds are welcome at Warwick this year, as bagpipes provide the focus for our 2010 'festival within a festival'. As well as featuring high-profile bagpipe-led bands on the Main Stage - Breabach, Mutenrohi and Daimh to name but three - there will be the chance to learn from their musicians in workshops, to meet pipers from the UK and beyond and, best of all, to play some great tunes together! More details will follow nearer the event.
Thursday, 18 March 2010
Free Tickets to Mendelssohn Event Royal Academy of Music Tuesday 23 March, 7.30pm
Meet descendants of the Mendelssohn family!
- Rachel and Annette Isserlis will be forming part of a string quartet
- Sheila Hayman will be showing her BBC film (Mendelssohn, the Nazi’s and Me)
Also meet Larry Todd Mendelssohn’s biographer and hear Daniel Adni play several of Mendelssohn’s ‘Songs Without Words’ This is a special event for members of the Mendelssohn Society and is being made available to students, teachers and others, free of charge. Please call 020 8909 2445 and give your name for your free place or email Mendelssohn@jmi.org.uk Do try to come and make sure you get tickets reserved. Geraldine Auerbach MBE Director, Jewish Music Institute T 020 8909 2445 M 07971 818 262 E firstname.lastname@example.org W www.jmi.org.uk
Tuesday, 16 March 2010
- Cécile Reynaud (Bibliothèque nationale de France, Paris)
- Rohan H. Stewart-MacDonald (Murray Edwards College, Cambridge, UK)
Deadline for proposals is Monday, April 05, 2010. http://www.luigiboccherini.org/chopin.html
Dr Massimiliano Sala - Vice-President Muzio Clementi's Italian National Edition via Antonio Puccinelli, 27 I-51100 Pistoia email@example.com http://www.muzioclementi.org http://web.me.com/bocco1/Sito/Home.html
- Prof. Raymond Knapp (University of California at Los Angeles)
- Prof. Sergio Miceli (University of Florence and University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’)
Deadline for proposals: Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
http://www.luigiboccherini.org/musicals.html Dr Massimiliano Sala - President Centro Studi Opera Omnia Luigi Boccherini via Antonio Puccinelli, 27 I-51100 Pistoia
Monday, 15 March 2010
Samling invests in young people and the pursuit of musical excellence by providing unique opportunities for them to learn from and perform alongside great artists. Samling aims to • contribute towards the development of highly talented young professional singers • increase awareness, participation and enjoyment of opera and classical music amongst young people who might otherwise not be exposed to itSinging teacher Pat MacMahon is involved with this foundation, and encourages student singers to take a look at the Sammling diary, to see if there are any events which interest them.
- Public performance at Douglas Academy in Milngavie on Tuesday 23rd March (contact Derek Norval at Douglas Academy on 0141 955 2365)
- Private gig at the Glasgow Fiddle Workshop on Wednesday 24th
- Schools visits during the daytime.
This is the same group of students who played at Celtic Connections in support of the Young Trad Tour on Saturday 30th January.