Wednesday, 26 March 2008
- Results of the latest 24-7 survey into working life - visit www.24-7survey.co.uk
- Flexi-working does not work
- Stress increases risk of heart disease
- One in 4 face bullying stress
- Men looking to get balance
- Lost files and emails lead to stress
Tuesday, 25 March 2008
Membership of the Academy is open to anyone who is actively writing music.If the music you are writing today is to have any value in tomorrow’s world, the Academy needs your support in its continuing campaign to protect the value of copyright in an ever changing technological world. Equally, we need to continue our campaign to create a more favourable environment for today's music writers, whatever their area of music.We have two main categories of membership, dependant on where you are in your musical career. Members are emerging writers who have not yet become a member of any royalty collection society or who have recently joined one, such as the PRS. If you have just finished college, are composing as a hobby or have recently started to perform/write then this category of membership is for you.
Thursday, 20 March 2008
Wednesday, 19 March 2008
Tuesday, 18 March 2008
SIBMAS is the international association for libraries and museums of the performing arts. Every 2 years we meet for an international conference and we are delighted to be holding our 2008 conference at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music & Drama in Glasgow, Scotland.
Find out more about SIBMAS and the conference here.
Call For Papers: Deadline: All proposals for papers must be received by 31st March 2008. Expressions of interest would be warmly welcomed.
Friday, 14 March 2008
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
Wednesday, 5 March 2008
- The Collections Two collections have been selected : the costume collection containing some 4,000 items, and the Frank Sharman Photographic Collection of dance photographs from the 1940s and 1950s.
- Performance Database The Performance Database reproduces the information found in the theatre’s programmes and is one of the most comprehensive databases in use by a performing arts company.
- Why not take a look at Highlights from ROH Collections?
Image from J. Salmoral @ flickr.com
Monday, 3 March 2008
- 27 July - 3 August, The Parley of Instruments
- 3-10 August, Philip Thorby and Friends
Visit the Cambridge Early Music Summer Schools website here.